எல்லோரும் தொடர்ந்து வழங்கிவரும் சின்ன சின்ன ஆதரவும், ஊக்கமும், பெரிய பங்களிப்பினாலும் 400கிமீ, 4நாட்கள் #தொடர்பிரசாரம் வெற்றிகரமாக நிறைவுற்றது. மேலும் தொடர் ஒத்துழைப்பும் ஆலோசனையும் வழங்க தொடர்பு கொள்க.
START OF CYCLE DRIVE
#Cycleride…Start at Ashok Pillar Chennai
INDIA & ITS ROADS
- India has a road network of over 46,89,842 kilometers, the second largest road network in the world.
- Road transport enables the country’s transportation sector to contribute 4.7% towards India’s gross domestic product, in comparison to railways that contribute 1%. India’s road network carries over 65% of its freight and about 85 % of passenger traffic.
- The Global status report on road safety estimates that more than 231 000 people are killed in road traffic crashes in India every year.
- In 2014, Tamil Nadu recorded 15,190 fatalities in road accidents, the highest for any state in India for last 10 years.
- Drunk and driving has been an important cause for road accidents and one of the major reasons to keep the state high in Road accidents.
- It is obvious that, public awareness about the Road safety concepts and adherence to the rules and safety precautions are the key factors for reduction of accidents. As a part of our Road safety Public awareness initiative, Our Volunteers Mr.Senthamizhan and Mr. Viswanathan have planned to go for 400 kms long cycle drive as below,
- Start Date : 25th Mar’16 – 6am
- Finish time : 28th Mar’16 – 6pm
- Distance: 400Kms
- Route : Chennai – Tindivanam – Panruti – Pondichery – Maapalipuram – Chennai
- To bring awareness about drunken driving and spread the risks associated with it.