In continuation to our massive road safety campaign across Chennai in 2014, 2015 & 2016, on account of 71st Independence Day, in August 2017, a mass awareness program on Good Samaritan Law and Golden Hour Training was carried out across 71 locations in Chennai on 6th Aug’17, Sunday 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM. Event was kicked started in Anna Nagar Tower Park by Mr. Najmul Hoda, Joint Commissioner, Chennai.
- 50,000 pamphlets containing details on Good Samaritan Law & Golden Hour response and its importance were distributed to public across Chennai.
- Mime/one minute street-play with road safety messages were performed.
- Live demo on First aid and golden hour response were given by the experts on all 71 places.
- Overall, 1500 volunteers including 71 Golden hour response trainers were participated in the mass event and delivered the message to the public.
- 44 groups joined hands for volunteering on that day and made the event a huge success.