- The Global status report on road safety estimates that more than 231 000 people are killed in road traffic crashes in India every year.
- In 2014, Tamil Nadu alone recorded 15,190 fatalities in road accidents, the highest for any state in India for last 10 years.
- Drunk and driving has been an important cause for road accidents and one of the major reasons to keep the state high in Road accidents.
It is obvious that, public awareness about the Road safety concepts and adherence to the rules and safety precautions are the key factors for reduction of accidents. As a part of our Road safety Public awareness initiative, Our Volunteers Mr. Saiyasodharan, Mr. Senthamizhan and Mr. Viswanathan cycled 400 kms long by creating awareness on the go like bus stops, parks, public places and seminars in schools u0026amp; colleges.
- Started On : 25th Mar’16 – 6 AM
- Finished On : 28th Mar’16 – 6 PM
- Distance Covered: 400Kms
- Route : Chennai – Tindivanam – Panruti – Pondichery – Mamallapuram – Chennai